We Buy Scrap Platinum!
We buy platinum in nearly any form for the best prices. As one of the most valuable materials on earth, even a small quantity of platinum can yield a large settlement. We buy scrap platinum thermocouple wires, crucibles, bench sweeps, jewelry, electrodes, oxygen sensors, and more. Our chemists can even recover platinum from platinum containing solutions.
Platinum is an extraordinary element. It cannot be oxidized, few acids can harm it, and it has excellent resistance to wear and tear. It repels corrosion in harsh environment and high temperatures and is a great conductor of electricity. This makes it very suitable for a wide range of industrial applications such as catalysts, electrodes, oxygen sensors, spark plugs and in turbine engines. Platinum is also very rare (0.005 ppm in the earth’s crust) which accounts for its high price.
Our modern refining techniques ensure that we recover the maximum scrap platinum from your material. We use equipment such as induction furnaces to ensure that all of your scrap platinum is recovered.
One of the best sources of platinum is thermocouple wire. Type B, S, and R thermocouple wire has platinum in them. A quick way to test if the wire is likely platinum is to: Heat it up to red hot, let it air cool. If it looks exactly the same as before you heated it, it's probably platinum. If after heating it is discolored or rainbow colored, it is not platinum.
- Platinum thermocouple wire
- Platinum crucibles and wire
- We also buy Platinum sputtering targets
- Industrial, Medical or Laboratory scrap containing Platinum
- Vacuum Deposition Boats
- Old platinum Jewelry
- Platinum earings, platinum necklaces, platinum bracelets, platinum rings, platinum pendants, platinum bands, platinum charms, platinum trinkets
- Platinum Jeweler's Sweeps, Polishings etc.
- Platinum solder
- Platinum flake, platinum powder, platinum shot, platinum nuggets, platinum bullion, platinum dust, platinum filings
Examples of Silver We Buy:
- Over 20% of all consumer goods either contain platinum or are produced using platinum.
- It takes 6 months of processing to produce a single troy ounce of platinum!
- All the platinum mined since the beginning of time, worldwide, would only fill a cube measuring about 25 feet on all sides!
- A 6 inch cube of platinum weighs as much as an average man!
- Approximately 8 to 10 tons of raw ore must be mined to produce just one pure ounce of platinum!
- Gasoline, hard disk drives, anti-cancer drugs, fiber-optic cables, LCD displays, eyeglasses, fertilizers, explosives, paints and pacemakers, all rely on platinum.
- Roughly 90% of all platinum supplies come from South Africa and Russia.